The North Thurston Kiwanis club would like to welcome the following outstanding individuals into membership:
Kathy Valencia- Kathy is the executive director of Bonadventure in Lacey. Bonadventure is a Senior community, and the company is a corporate member. Kathy is a past Kiwanis member from Monroe.
Kim Smith– Kim is the executive director of South Sound Parent 2 Parent. Kim is an active member of the community and is sharing her talents and skills with Kiwanis.
The North Thurston Kiwanis will Ring Bells the day after Thanksgiving and the following three Saturdays at Shopko. The Friday will be just Kiwanians and all Saturday shifts will be in conjunction with our three Key Clubs. For more information, contact Don Sattelberg at 491-2019 or email@example.com.
North Thurston Kiwanis continues to make a huge impact in the Lacey community. Here are some of the financial highlights from the past year:
- $12,337.32 donated to 35 different programs to meet the needs of children, youth and adults.
- 2 Scholarships awarded: $2000 & $1500
- Members contributed $6567 to our foundation. $1851 for scholarships, $4000 for the Owerri Project, $516 for the Kiwanis Children’s Cancer Program, and $200 to the Eliminate Project.
- $2302.54 raised through a raffled for the Kiwanis Children’s Cancer Program
- $7892.96 raised through 3 fund raisers: $712.50 for Entertainment Books, $7040.50 from grapefruit sales, $139.5 from peaches, nectarines and pears.
North Thurston Kiwanis members provided a total of 2,086 service hours, serving on 26 hands on projecst that reached 18,805 youth during the past year. With 47 members, that works out to an average of 44 hours of service per member. Way to go North Thurston Kiwanis!
The folowing people were honored at the annual club officer installation for their service to Kiwanis
Darrell Moore–Kiwanian of the Year
Carrie Kramer-Harris Hunter Community Service Award
Mary Coppin–Frank Bower Youth Service Award
Perftect Attendance Pins:
Gene Dolan–48 years
Dick Rust–41 years
Virgil Clarkson–40 years
Don Sattelberg–40 Years
The 2012 Entertainment books are in. This year’s books are $30, with 50% of the profits going to the North Thurston Kiwanis. Please email Brian White if you are interested.