The following members were chosen by PRESIDENT ERIC to receive the following awards.
Kiwanian of the Year
Community Service Award
Youth Services Award
Congratulations to all three members for their participation in projects and activities that highlighted the true spirit of Kiwanis.
The North Thurston Kiwanis club continues its partnership with the Kiwanis Club of Owerri, Nigeria by aiding a Michigan Kiwanis club with donating dolls to the Motherless Baby Home. In this latest project, the North Thurston Kiwanis club provided the shipping, while the Michigan Kiwanis Club supplied the dolls. In the past the North Thurston Kiwanis Club has helped provide funding for several projects in the Owerri community. Below are some pictures of the latest project.
Past Kiwanis International President Sylvester Neal made the following observations about how this project was really a team Kiwanis effort.
1. A doll making Project of the YCPO committee of the Michigan District
2. A major doll making effort of the Aktion Clubs of Michigan and other clubs
3. A Partnership with the Kiwanis Club of North Thurston, Washington Foundation whose raised the funds for shipping.
4. A discount price and packaging from the Post-Net Company of Michigan. (Kiwanians)
5. A receiving Kiwanis Club of Owerri, Nigeria committed to serving families and children in an orphanage they built and now support.
Club members and residents of Owerri Motherless babies home.
The Entertainment Coupon Books are here again, loaded with tons of 50% off coupons. You can purchase yours from the North Thurston Kiwanis Club for $25, which if $5 less than last year. For more information, contact Carrie Kramer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-264-2460.