The 2018 Kiwanis Day of Champions was another success. Over 400 volunteers came together to make it possible for over 750 students from more than 48 schools. Please see the article below to see the Thurston Talk article on the event.
It’s that time again. Members are needed to ring the bell for the Salvation Army Red Kettle at the Hawks Prairie Walmart, Home and Pharmacy entrance. Ringing is five (5) shifts, two (2) hours each beginning at 10 A.M. and ending at 8 P.M., on the following days:
Friday, November 24 –Club Members only
Saturday, November 25–Explorer Post only
Saturday, December 2–with North Thurston Key Club
Saturday, December 9–with River Ridge Key Club
Saturday, December 16–Timberline Key Club
Two (2) members are needed for each shift. Please sign up at the Tuesday meeting, or contact Dick Rust at 360-704-8858 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The North Thurston Kiwanis club is selling raffle tickets to benefit our scholarship fund. Tickets can purchased for $2 each. First prize is $500. Second prize is $250. Other prizes will also be available.
Former North Thurston Kiwanis member Allan Wood passed away April 20, 2017. Alan was a fifty year member of Kiwanis and past Pacific Northwest District Governor. He was also WWII veteran. Allan was an amazing person and touched countless lives everywhere he went. Click here to read his obituary.
- Walter Zeller Fellowship: Emy Suazo
- District Scholarship, Outstanding Member, and Outstanding Editor/Bulletin; Kaylin Fosnacht
- Outstanding President: Kenna Fosnacht
- Outstanding Faculty Adviser: Toni Christy
- Outstanding K Family Relations, Outstanding Scrapbook, and Club Growth (51.6%)
- Seniors honored were Alyssa Slate, Emy Suazo, and Kenna Fosnacht